Physiology deals with the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts. It focus in, how organisms, organ systems, organs, cells, and biomolecules carry out the chemical or physical functions that exist in a living system.
As one of the first subjects encountered during MBBS, the department strive to provide a thorough understanding of Physiology using student-centered, adult-learning approaches. The department employ a combination of traditional and modern, innovative teaching methods to enhance the learning experience.
- To impart the knowledge of the physiological basis of life.
- To understand the various organ systems and how they work in a coordinated manner.
- To understand the adaptations that the body undergoes during diseases and while in health.
Prof. Dr. Dr.Kalyani Sen, with more than 30 years of teaching experience, heads the SGMC department of Physiology. The team also includes three more Professor, 1 Associate Professor, 3 Assistant Professors, and 2 Tutors. –more–
- Well-equipped practical laboratories
- Mammalian Labs
- A departmental library with latest editions of relevant books
- Well-equipped Research laboratory