Biochemistry deals with the chemical processes within the body. Knowledge of this subject is key to understand the cellular and molecular events occurring within the human body. It also deals with the biochemical alterations during various diseases
The Department has two sections- one dealing with teaching, and the other, Clinical Biochemistry, that also provides patient services. The Clinical Biochemistry wing of the Central Laboratory offers all biochemical investigations under single roof.
- To effectively enable the students to understand the biochemical and molecular basis of a disease and correlate it with the clinical diagnosis.
- To provide quality assured laboratory services
The Department of Biochemistry at SGMC & RF is headed by Dr Sreekumari S with more than 30 years of teaching experience. Apart from her, the Department has one more Professor, 3 Assistant Professors and 4 Tutors. –more–
- State of the art undergraduate practical laboratory
- The Clinical Biochemistry division in the Central Laboratory caters to the diagnostic needs of the SGMC Hospital
- Departmental Library
- Well-equipped Research Laboratory -more-
1. Curriculum Committee
Curriculum committee meeting for UG and PG was conducted on 16.03.2017 in presence of external subject experts at , Dept of Biochemistry, SGMC & RF