Welcome to the Department of Radiology at SGMC. We are proud to offer the highest quality medical imaging, research opportunities and Radiology educational experiences at one of the top Medical College Hospitals in Kerala. In today’s complex medical environment, the role of medical imaging is becoming considerably more important to the diagnosis and followup of many illnesses and conditions.
Our department offers the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic radiology including plain films, conventional contrast procedures, US, CT, MRI, and interventional radiology. All services utilize the most advanced, safe and cost effective technology available to provide cutting edge radiologic service to our patients and our referring physicians. The department has 1 MRI scanners ( 1.5T ), 2 CT scanners, 5Ultrasound scanners, 1 dedicated mammography unit, CR, portable and C-arm units..
The Department of Radiology has been a recognised training center affiliated with the KUHAS. We presently have 02 MD and 01 DMRD candidates joining the program every year. The Department has been a pioneer in training capable and confident technologists. The 2-year Diploma program in Radiological Technology run by the DME has been in place since 2005.
Holistic approach to the patient’s needs and underlying medical condition, a friendly atmosphere within the department, optimal supervision, and mutual respect for one another are few of the assets which help each individual to develop into a confident expert in the field. The leadership of the department is dedicated to providing a positive work environment with many opportunities for education and growth.
The Department of Radiology at SGMC is headed by Prof Dr.Vinoo Jacob with more than 16 years of teaching experience. In addition, the department has 2Associate prof, 2 Assistant prof and 6 senior residents. ..more..
- Computerized Radiography
- Mobile x-ray equipment
- Ultrasonography (3D and 4D) with Color Doppler [5 ultrasound scanners including two portable]
- CT (128 Slice Multi-detector CT scanner [GE])
- MRI (1.5 Tesla 16 channel MRI scanner [Siemens])
- Demonstration rooms
- Departmental Library
- x- ray radiography
- Barium studies
- Special radiographic/ fluoroscopic procedures like HSG, IVU, MCUG
- Ultrasonographic scans of various regions
- Colour doppler studies
- Whole body CT
- CT Angiography (Cardiac, Cerebral, Carotid, Renal, Abdominal, Pulmonary, Peripheral Angio etc) with 3D and volume reformation
- Virtual Bronchoscopy and Colonoscopy
- CT urography
- CT cisternography
- Brain and spine
- Whole body imaging
- CSF flow studies
- MR spectroscopy
- Musculoskeletal MRI
- MR urography
- MR mammography
- Antenatal MRI
- MR angiographic studies of various regions.
Image guided interventions
- USG/CT guided FNAC/FNAB
- Interventional radiology procedures including PTBD , TACE , RFA , and Angioembolisation procedures.